Because of the Bijbelvorsers Webs website perhaps closing down soon, we wanted to repost some writings from us on the Bibleresearchers Association’s website onto our own website.
On September 14, 2011 at 8:11 we wrote
Joseph Rutherford with the iron glove
Joseph Rutherford, second president of the Watchtower, had a proclivity to look up Bible passages that he could use to change the organization politically. When the elders got too much power and some began challenging him, he rendered the word “elders” void and deleted many outspoken elders, and the bootlickers that were left were given the title “Congregation Servants.” Of course, Rutherford appointed those whom he wanted in power; it had really nothing to do with the Bible so much as his way of “kicking butt” look like a provision from God; i.e., scriptural.
Rutherford’s manipulation and/or erasure of the old Russell teachings, along with other factors, did bring success in numbers. The religion also grew and prospered both in money and power.
After Rutherford’s death in 1942, Nathan Knorr took over the iron glove and was not afraid to do the same, keeping his real cronies in power and stripping out those whom he despised. Either that, or like “Black Thursday” he would make them look like jackasses and assign them demeaning jobs at Bethel. This included high-position circuit overseers like Fred Maes, Fred Fredean and Fred Barnes.
+ On 10/31 (Halloween evening late-ha ha) Randy Waters posted “Watch the complete fragmentation of the Watchtower Begin” on the JWN Discussion Board which was a prediction of the splitting up of the Watchtower organization into sects.
+ http://www.freeminds.org/organization/governing-body/the-watchtower-s- shocking-2010-elders-manual.html
- Male domination and tyranny giving opportunities to defile the Name of God
- Was Russell and Rutherford “Illuminati”?
- Looking at the Facts – Jehovah’s Witnesses and Charles Taze Russell
- What About Jehovah’s Witnesses? – A Response
- 7 Bones To Pick With C.T. Russell & The Jehovah’s Witnesses
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Branch Correspondence Guidelines
- Watch “Jehovah’s Witness church elder Ronald Lawrence arrested over sex abuse claims dating back to 1980s” on YouTube
- Soviet Witnesses
- Jehovah’s Witnesses – Group Action Lawyers Fighting for Justice
- JW’s Long to Have Jesus As Their Mediator
- Talking About Jesus With Jehovah’s Witnesses – Part 2
- Are we really ‘just youth’?
- The Government of the Church
- Church Order and Offices
- The Thing About Elders
- 7. Qualifications for Elders (2)
- 3-23-2015 Bible Study – The Ekklesia; Past, Present, and Future Study 22
- The Effective Prayer 4.17.15
- What It Means to Be An Overseer
Pingback: Trigger to start this site – Unmasking anti JW sites and people
Pingback: Dave Norris and his writings on the Belgian Bible Students | Belgian Biblestudents - Belgische Bijbelstudenten