Many people are carried away by certain people who call themselves ‘apostles’ and ‘prophets’ who are so called in direct contact with Jesus and with God. Those preachers who present themselves also as healers play with the words of Scripture and often twist them around so that they suit their teaching. The Passion Translation fell in that trap of New Apostolic Reformation (or NAR) doctrine, and can be considered a missed opportunity to have a Bible in contemporary English language bringing the correct message of the Gospel.
the ministry of Brian Simmons is a fine example of what is wrong with a portion of the charismatic church. Leaders and teachers within the “ movement” that embrace preterism* and Kingdom Now/Dominionism or Seven Mountain Mandate (or whatever branch of NAR beliefs are popular at this moment) see themselves as doing the work of the Holy Spirit. There is a level of manipulation and control at work- in this movement- that is scary.
Preterism is a Christian eschatological view or doctrine holding that at least some of the apocalyptic prophecies in the Bible describe events that occurred within the first century after Jesus’s death, rather than events that lie still in the future. This school of thought interprets the Book of Daniel as referring to events that happened in the 2nd century BC, while seeing the prophecies of Revelation as events that happened in the first century CE. Preterism holds that Ancient Israel finds its continuation or fulfillment in the Christian church at the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 CE.
- From Two new bibles, a look at one created with passion for creating meaningful, inspirational products that share God’s truth to the world
- New historical evidence for preterism
- Preterism or Hyper-Preterism?
- Theistic Preterism
- 11/4/17 Covenant Creation, Covenant Eschatology, and the Corporate/Collective Body View
- 11/14/17 The Covenant Eschatology View of Preterism is another form of New Age Religion
- 11/18/17 The Corporate Body View Cult of the Covenant Eschatology View of Preterism
- The Creation Groans: Reflections on Hyper-Preterism Part 1
- The Creation Groans: Reflections on Hyper-Preterism Part 2
- Blind guides! Discerning The False Vision of the ‘New Apostolic Reformation’ and their ‘Seven Mountains Mandate’.
- The Bible Version Controversy: A Brief History of The War over God’s Eternal Written Word > The Bible Version Controversy: A Brief History of The War over God’s Eternal Written Word (by Following Jesus)
- 10/28/17 The “New Age Collective Jesus” of Covenant Eschatology Preterism
- 145- John Fenn – Dominionism, and the Spirit of Antichrist at work. Beware!
- Christian dominionism in Australia – » The Australian Independent Media Network
- Dominionism and the Rise of Alt-Christianity
- #NAR #political hacks #dominionism #falsegospel
- Religion is Gaslighting
- 7 mountain mandate/prophecy – dominionism
- Poison Pudding! Discerning The False Vision of the New Apostolic Reformation and the Seven Mountains Mandate: Part 2
- Christian fundamentalists are driving our country into the Dark Ages…
- Beware of the “Anointed Ones”
- NARpostle Wagner explains Dominion Mandate, 7 Mountain Mandate & Great Wealth Transfer
- 68 – Bible Translation Into English – Video And Chart
The Passion Translation (paraphrase) and the ministry of Brian Simmons is a fine example of what is wrong with a portion of the charismatic church. Leaders and teachers within the “ movement” that embrace preterism and Kingdom Now/Dominionism or Seven Mountain Mandate (or whatever branch of NAR beliefs are popular at this moment) see themselves as doing the work of the Holy Spirit. There is a level of manipulation and control at work- in this movement- that is scary. Please read the following comments concerning the Passion Translation (paraphrase) and tell me if you think the Holy Spirit needs help in illuminating His own Word. The first manipulation is calling this work a translation and advertising it as excellent for studying God’s Word.
“The Passion Translation is an excellent translation you can use as your primary text to seriously study God’s Word because it combines the best aspects of what…
View original post 1,087 more words