The vindication of Jehovah’s sovereignty is very important and should be a very well known fact to be recognised and accepted. In a certain way we should never stop focusing on that issue that Jehovah is the Most High Supreme Deity Who we should recognise as the Most High Who has all the right to be the Most Powerful and to have all say over the universe.
More than once we can encounter people who think they have the right to have all power. We should remind them that even Jesus knew he could not do everything nor know everything, because that belongs only to his heavenly Father, without Whom Jesus could do nothing. Jesus knew very well his lower position and therefore warned the people around him
“… Verily, verily, I say to you, The Son can do nothing by himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for whatever things he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.” (Joh 5:19 Webster)
“Ye have heard that I said to you, I go away, and come again to you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go to the Father: for my Father is greater than I.” (Joh 14:28 Webster)
In case Jesus was God he would have been able to do everything and others would not have been able to tempt and bully him. But as a son of man he was like us vulnerable and not knowing everything. So did he not know when he would be coming back to earth, nor who would be seated next to him in his kingdom.
Jesus was all the time busy to have others to get to know his heavenly Father, the Only One True God, Who should be worshipped as the Only One Who is One and receiving all our praise.
If we are not careful, we could become so busy with our daily lives or so worried about our own problems that we forget how important it is to recognise that sovereignty of God. We better do not forget that if we support Jehovah’s sovereignty, we will be better able to deal with problems in our daily life, and we will draw closer to Jehovah.
We should remember not to fall in the same trap as Adam and Eve fell. Adam and Eve rejected Jehovah’s rulership, and so have many others since then. This could make some think that the adversaries of God are right. As long as the issue remains unsettled in the minds of humans, there cannot be real peace and unity. But after Jehovah’s sovereignty is vindicated, everyone will live under his wonderful rule forever. There will be peace throughout the universe. (Ephesians 1:9, 10)
When that moment has come Jesus too shall return everything what he had received from his heavenly Father back to Him.
“And when all things shall be subdued to him, then shall the Son also himself be subject to him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.” (1Co 15:28 Webster)
God’s sovereignty will be vindicated, and rule by humans will completely fail and be removed. so many years lots of people tried to find a good political system that could work and have everybody happy. But nor governement succeeded to make everybody satisfied. God’s rule through his Messianic Kingdom will succeed. Faithful people will have proved that humans can keep their integrity and loyally support God’s rulership. (Isaiah 45:23, 24)
“23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That to me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. 24 Surely, shall one say, in the LORD have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed.” (Isa 45:23-24 Webster)
God has made His promise to Abraham (Heb 6:13; Ga 3:18) and Jesus was convinced the world was going to see that promise fulfilled with him acting as a mediator between God and man. (1Ti 2:5; Heb 12:24)
We should recognise that the words that come out of God His mouth shall not come back empty-handed. They’ll do the work He sent them to do, like He had sent Jesus to the world to show mankind the way to God. Several men of God, prophets, like Jesus, and the words notated in the Bible were given to the world to complete the assignment Jehovah God gave them. (Isa 55:11)
Jehovah loves humans very much. In fact, we are so precious to him that he gave his only begotten beloved son so that we could have everlasting life. (John 3:16; 1 John 4:9) Jehovah has made sure that the vindication of his sovereignty will include salvation for obedient humans. (Read Isaiah 55:10, 11.) Jehovah’s sovereignty is based on love. So we can be sure that he will always love and value his loyal servants. — Exodus 34:6.
Jehovah exercises authority in a loving manner. In harmony with that, family heads and elders who love his sovereignty will not be demanding, as if exercising a small sovereignty of their own.
The fact that Jehovah’s sovereignty is such an important issue does not mean that our salvation is not important to him. Jehovah cares deeply about us. We need to keep in mind what is more important and loyally support Jehovah’s rulership.
We should not be caught in the nets of this capitalist world which has no eye for God. All the time our focus should be on Jehovah God, Him being our only One True God.
From several stories in the Bible we learn that we we should not think so much about our own problems. We should be careful not to stop thinking about the vindication of Jehovah’s sovereignty. Like Job and Jesus, we have to show our support for Jehovah’s sovereignty by remaining faithful to him even when life is difficult. Jesus, willing to do the Will of God, put his own self aside and gave himself as a ransom offering to God.
When we, like Noah, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Job and Jesus faithfully endure, we shall be able to please Jehovah, like they too became treasured ones in God’s eyes. Our focus on the Almighty and our trust in Him, with our hope for the future shall become stronger. (Read Romans 5:3-5.) Job’s and Jesus their experience shows us that “Jehovah is very tender in affection and merciful.” (James 5:11) If we support Jehovah’s sovereignty, he will reward us. Knowing this helps us to “endure fully with patience and joy.”
11 and may you be strengthened with all power according to his glorious might+ so that you may endure fully with patience and joy,
(Colossians 1:11 NWT).
Dutch version / Nederlandstalige versie: Erkenning van Jehovah’s soevereiniteit
That people finally realize that Jehovah is the Supreme God of the earth
The Word itself should be enough reason to believe
- Al-Fatiha [The Opening] Süra 1:1-7 Help from God our Maker
- A Book to trust #29 God His Book, God-breathed profitable for doctrine, for reproof and for correction
- Only One God
- Acknowledge the majesty of the Lord’s reputation!
- Only worship the Creator of all things
- The redemption of man by Christ Jesus
- No person has greater love than this one who surrendered his soul in behalf of his friends
- Back from gone #2 Aim of godly people
- Praying is surrendering in all circumstances
- 2017 September – Upcoming Days of Awe
- Our political systems and juggling with human laws
- Where is the edge
- If you have integrity
- How to Go Forward without Fear
- God his reward
Further related articles
- God’s Claim of Exclusivity
- That is What Omnipotent Means…
- The Lord our God hath shewed us his glory…
- The God Who Sees
- Oh God, You are Lord of All
- July 1: “Who’s Really in Control?”
- A Secret History with God
- A Divine Reminder after a day of complaint
- But the Lord
- Kept by the Power of God
- The “God of Jacob”– not “Jacob’s God”
- our God. the Nuke. a Job.
- Amazing Examples for Us
- A Visit from God
- The Tender Mercy of Our God
- The Mercy of the Heart of Our God
- Gentle and of Tender Mercy Towards the Children of Men
- Casting all your care upon him for he cares for you…
- On Earth as it is in Heaven!
- Learning Sovereignty
- Man’s will and God’s rule: Proverbs 16
- Problems & Possibilities – part 1
- Problems & Possibilities – part 2
- A Gracious Promise
- Praise to God, the Ruler of the Earth
- Psalms on Word Brook (DailyWords of Truth)
- Psalm 87 New King James Version (NKJV)
- Psalm 91:1
- Psalm 91:1-2
- Seeking God in a fresh way
- The Glories of the City of God
- He that Believeth
- What Truly Is In My Heart…
- Dear God, I Am Yours
- Do you not yet understand?
- Son of Man.
- “The Son of man.” — John 3:13
- Jesus As The Son of Man
- Jesus as the Son of Man in the book of Luke
- What does it mean that Jesus is the Son of Man?
- Sonship. A Biblical view regarding what the “Son of God” and “Son of Man” really mean.
- Do You Believe In The Son of Man?
- We walk by faith and not by sight..the Jesus trust.
- The Giving Gift
- It’s all about mining
- What’s Required of Me?
- Drawing Near to God Read: James 4:7-10
- Drawing near to God – James 4:8,
- Tarry in God’s Presence
- Shifting Lanes for a More Spiritual Way of Living – I Surrender
- Closer to God by Larry Watkins
- The Enduring Motive
- A Soul Surrendered“
- But” obedience
- Isaiah 32:1-10 Who is the Righteous King who will bring peace?
- Another Look at Torah Principles and the Gentile
- 2 Maccabees 5:10: Holy Place and Holy People
- Are You Faithful in All Things?
Pingback: Erkenning van Jehovah’s soevereiniteit | Bijbelvorser = Bible Researcher
Pingback: Prayer of a man of flesh and blood who is authorized and glorified by God – Belgian Ecclesia Brussel – Leuven
Pingback: As near to God as you want Him to be | From guestwriters
Pingback: Matthew 27 – The Final Hours: Trial, Execution and Burial – Bible Students Intro | Belgian Biblestudents - Belgische Bijbelstudenten
Pingback: Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful to Him all praise is due – Questiontime – Vragenuurtje
Pingback: How adversaries of God twist the word of the Bible and want to tell about heir Jesus – Unmasking anti Jehovah sites and people
Pingback: Three Weeks of sadness but also of hope – Immanuel Verbondskind – עמנואל קאָווענאַנט קינד
Pingback: Religion and believers #6 Origin of a church – Unmasking anti Jehovah sites and people
Thank you for including my muddled post in your reading list.
You are welcome
Pingback: rules? | From guestwriters