We are coming closer to the end of our series on the coming of a Christ or Messiah. Yesterday having mentioned that throughout the ages there have been loads of people who said they were the Messiah or Christ. Even in our present times we can find such figures who claim that they are the returned Christ.
Today and tomorrow we look for the last time at answers which were given at the end of the 19th century and at the beginning of the 20th century to people who asked our community about the Anointed one and times to come. Today we still look forward to that Age to come, which has come closer now.
We know that it is not so easy to be all the time patient like the apostles had to be, but we too should be patient. All the previous centuries believers in Jeshua or Jesus Christ had to stay steady and strong, knowing that they will gain their souls because of their endurance (Luke 21:19). All those passed times they knew, like we do have to know that the Master could arrive at any time. Therefore, we always should be ready and should be infused with strength and purity, filled with confidence in the presence of God our Father when our Master Jesus arrives with all his followers. (1 Thessalonians 3:13)
Certain Christians have used the prophecies of Daniel to work out and say the generation of World War I would be the last generation which shall not pass away before the end times shall start. For us, we know that the preaching all over the world shall be one very import sign, that with more rebellion and wars, famines, pestilences, natural disasters like earthquakes, tsunamis and great storms, but also the false Christs which shall try to lure people away from the true Christ, the only begotten son of God. Whilst we still come to hear about antichrists and false prophets, seditions, tumults, and all the other things which we said were to occur until his coming, we can be sure that we come closer and closer to that promised day.
Today we can find that in the unbelieving race of the Jews, at last, there are some more Jews who have come to recognise Jeshua Jesus as the Messiah. But their choice makes several antichrists, who call themselves Christian, cross, prance and persecute, because those Jews, like Jeshuaists and other non-trinitarian Christians only willing to believe the Words of the Bible and not the false human doctrine of the Trinity. Having more people coming to recognise that Jesus is the son of God and not a god son, shall make those adversaries of God even more wild and angry. But also that are signs foretold in the Scriptures. It will exist upon the earth until all of the prophecies are fulfilled from the days of Christ until his second appearance and coming to the earth when even the previously unbelieving people will say “Blessed is he who comes in the name of Jehovah God.”
Like 1914 for many Bible Students (in particular one North American Group) turned out differently and how the war suddenly came after many thought it would not happen, it surprised many, like today several people also could be very surprised when their acceptance of all the trouble in the Middle East, whilst the Great Powers of our day posture and threaten much as they did a hundred years ago, would turn out differently than the calm they prosper in our capitalist democratic states where lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, unthankful, unholy, truce-breakers, and many false accusers can be found.
We may be sure that the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father, and that whatever day that happens we should be ready to receive him.
Answers Concerning Prophecies and things future #43
The Coining of the Lord Draweth Nigh
“The Coming of the Lord draweth nigh” (James v. 8).
He did not say:
“The Appearing of the Lord”,
but only that the Coming of the Son of Man, the sign of which and the end of the age was the gathering of the Eagles (Deut. xxviii. 49) to prey upon Israel’s carcase (Deut. xxviii. 26).
Jesus told the Apostles that they should not have gone over the cities of Israel till the Son of Man be come (Matt. x. 23); not with power and great glory, but with the Roman Eagles (Matt. xxii. 7), to baptise their adversaries and his “with fire” — even with the fire of Gehenna, or of Hinnom’s Vale.
The Apostles did not know when the “Appearing” would be, its “times and seasons” being hid in God; but of the coming to destroy Jerusalem and her house, they could tell of its near approach.
“ By your patience possess your souls.” (Lu 21:19 GenevaBible)
“ To make your hearts stable and unblameable in holiness before God even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his Saints.” (1Th 3:13 GenevaBible)
“ The Lord shall bring a nation upon thee from far, even from the end of the world, flying swift as an Eagle: a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand:” (De 28:49 GenevaBible)
“ And thy carcass shall be meat unto all fowls of the air, and unto the beasts of the earth, and none shall fray them away.” (De 28:26 GenevaBible)
“For nation shall rise against nation, and realm against realm, and there shall be famine, and pestilence, and earthquakes in diverse places.” (Mt 24:7 GenevaBible)
“ And when they persecute you in this city, flee into another: for verily I say unto you, ye shall not go over all the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.” (Mt 10:23 GenevaBible)
“But when the King heard it, he was wroth, and sent forth his warriors, and destroyed those murderers, and burnt up their city.” (Mt 22:7 GenevaBible)
“1 This know also, that in the last days shall come perilous times. 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, cursed speakers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 Without natural affection, truce breakers, false accusers, intemperate, fierce, no lovers at all of them which are good,” (2Ti 3:1-3 GenevaBible)
- Do you believe in One god
- God Watches
- For Getting to know Jesus
- Looking forward to the return of Jesus
- Why did Christ not reveal the exact time of his second coming?
- Jesus son of God or god son
- For those who believe Jesus is God
- Gospel of Thomas and Nature of Jesus
- Glory of only One God Who gives His Word
- The sent one from God
- Believing what Jesus says
- Matthew 16 Calvin’s view
- Matthew 24 about temples or Houses of God and the end of the age
- Separation of local judgment regarding 70 CE from the global ultimate-coming prophecies of the Second Coming and Final Judgment
- Matthew 25 Jesus ministry drawing to its dramatic conclusion and warning to be ready
- Matthew 24:29-35 – The Nazarene’s Commentary: The Answer Part Two – Sign 2: The Parousia. A Sign after the Great Oppression
- Matthew 25:31-46 – The Nazarene’s Commentary: Judgment on the Realm of Heaven #1 Matthew 25:31-34
- Calvin looking at c1-12: The kingdom of heaven and foolishness
- Calvin commenting at Matthew 25:31: The Son of man shall come in his glory
- Today’s thought “To proclaim … the day of vengeance” (July 5)
- Today’s thought “Peace, peace, when there is no peace” (July 18)
- Afraid to see the man of the heavens opened
- The Conclusion of the System of Things
- Certainty in a troubled world
- Date Setting
- Signs of the Last Days
- Sign of the Times and the Last Days #1 The Son of man revealing
- Sign of the Times and the Last Days #2 Wars, natural disasters, famine and false Messiahs
- Increasing turmoil and fear but a rock to look at and go for
- Devotees and spotters
- Dark times looking like death is around the corner – but Light given to us
- Being enlightened concerning the significance of the times in which we are now living
- May we be “ready” when Jesus returns
- Just an Ordinary Day
- Secret or public return of Jesus
- Memorizing wonderfully 24 the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father
- Memorizing wonderfully 73: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 Sleepers with hope
- Time to be strengthened, thankful and to be prepared
- Was Russell and Rutherford “Illuminati”?
- Together tasting a great promisse
- Is God shaking us?Jesus, Imposter, Or Messiah?
- Certain Justice
- The Last Days Acceleration of Time
- Three things that must happen before Jesus returns – Matthew 23:37-39; Matthew 24:14; 2 Thessalonians 2:3
- The Mystery of the Lord’s Return
- Living in light of Jesus’ second coming
- Jesus is Coming Soon
- What Does “No One Knows the Day or Hour” Mean?
- “This Generation” Shall Not Pass Away “Until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled”
- False Signs of Jesus’ Coming
- Why Would the Lord Jesus Return in the Last Days for the Work of Judgment After Finishing the Work of Redemption?
- I Learned to Discern Between the True Christ and False Christs and Welcomed the Return of Jesus
- This age / the age to come
- A Wicked Slave Thinks That Jesus Is Not Coming Soon
- Hope In A Dying World
- The End of Days
- Highlighting Mark: Key Words
- The Second Coming of Jesus
- When Shall These Things Be?
- Be ready for Jesus Christ’s coming
- NTEB Radio Bible Study: The Burden Of Habakkuk Is The Time Of Jacob’s Trouble And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ At The Battle Of Armageddon
- Jesus in His Own Words; Coming Again!
- Jesus is coming – Judikay | Sunday Rhythm & Worship
- Revelation 3: The “Christians” Unaware of Christ’s Coming
- Patience and faith
- With Patience Emerges Beauty
- Always Be Ready