Man Became a Living Soul
“And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.” (Ge 2:7 AV)
Gen. 2:7, after describing the uniting of the body and the breath of lives, states that the result of the union was that the “man became a living soul.”
It has been thought by some that the man received a soul unto himself; but the Scriptures use a different word, whose significance should not be overlooked. All are fully acquainted with the difference between “received” and “became.”
Before God started the breathing process (by breathing into the man’s nostrils “the breath of lives”), there was no being nor animation. The breathing process started, animation resulted; and the hitherto inanimate form “became a living soul” or being. The union of breath and body produced the soul or being; the dissolution of that union between body and breath means the death of that soul or being.
This was the condemnation that Adam brought upon himself. When he stopped breathing his power to live ceased; the soul or being died, as the Scriptures say,
“The soul that sinneth, it shall die.” — Ezek. 18: 4.
- What is life?
- Is there an Immortal soul
- Dying or not
- What happens when we die?
- Immortality, eternality – onsterfelijkheid, eeuwigheid
- Ezekiel 18:4 – What the Bible teaches about Soul and Spirit
- The Soul not a ghost
- Creation of the earth and man #9 Formation of man #1 Cure of souls
- Creation of the earth and man #10 Formation of man #2 Mortal bodies and Tartarian habitation
- Creation of the earth and man #12 Formation of man #4 Constitution of man
- Creation of the earth and man #14 Formation of man #6 The Uncreated One, neshemet ruach chayim and nephesh
- Souls and Religions with Nirvana and light
- The Soul confronted with Death
- Who Through Jesus Sleep
- Non-practicing Christians widely believing in a god or higher power
- Lent, 40 days, meditation and repentance
- Decomposition, decay – vergaan, afsterven, ontbinding
- Realities concerning Human Life and Death
- Departed Souls Await Judgment
- Mortal Soul and Mortal Psyche #1 Intro
- Mortal Soul and Mortal Psyche #2 Psyche, the word
- Mortal Soul and Mortal Psyche #3 Historical background
- Mortal Soul and Mortal Psyche #4 Psyche, According to the Holy Scriptures
- Mortal Soul and Mortal Psyche #5 Mortality of man and mortality of the spirit
- Mortal Soul and Mortal Psyche #6 Summary
- All Souls’ Day
- What Is the Breath of God?
- When Does Human Life Begin?
- You’re more than dust
- What do you want?
- The human soul
- What is the human soul?
- Do we have two or three parts? Body, soul, and spirit?
- How are human souls created?
- What is the human soul?
- Human Soul and its Relationship with Physical body
- “Hope” is the thing with feathers
- Spiritual Reality and the Human Soul
- Why do people think that adopting a renounced order of life is escapism?
- Morning Offering: 05. 21. 21
- Jesus Christ Reconciled All Living Creatures Unto Himself
- Friday, February 19 – Human justice is not the same as God’s justice.
- Death Has a Demand
- From Death to Life
- What happens after death?
- Is the human soul mortal or immortal?
- What does the Bible say about death?
- What does the Bible say about Soul Mates/Soul Ties?
- The Petition For Souls
- ” Calling all Souls “