Zion Fortress and the Spring Citadel of City of David

Archeological digs in the Biblical City of David started in 1867 – exactly 100 years before the city returned to Jewish control – by The Palestine Exploration Fund (P.E.F), led by Captain Charles Warren. But the first excavator to reach the thick of the fortress, without even realizing it at the time, was a treasure […]