From the previous writings you could see that we are lovers of Christ, appreciating what he really did, but not making him to be our god, because we only do have One True God. We also use the Name of that God. Often people consider His titles also names, but like any other person This Holy One has only One Sanctified Name which should be glorified. Many people are afraid to use that Holy Name, but we like some other Bible Students are not to afraid to do so.
When following up the task Jesus had given to his followers , we are often confronted with people who think we are Witnesses of Jehovah, but we are not. It is not because we use God’s Name and witness that we should or would belong to that International Bible Student Movement. In the coming features we would like to see how we are part of an other Bible Student Group which, we do agree, has similar roots as the other organisations of Bible Students.
As Bible scholars and Bible researchers our main interest is in the astern elements and the archaeological and historical background of the Christian faith. Our interest also goes into the way people look at the different holy books the world has and would look closer into the values of those works for the people who say they use them. Though we must say in many faith groups we do find people who say they follow a certain person or work, but do not seem to know much of that person and his teachings.
We use the name of the Most High God of gods and testify in his name, but we are not Jehovah’s Witnesses. That our doctrines are very close to those of the Witnesses is quite simple, because, we like them are serious Bible students, who insist on regularly and carefully examining the Holy Scripture. We use the same basic books to build our faith and as such it can not be difficult to that we have similar, if not, the same teaching. But let this not intimidate you and dare seriously to examine what we preach here, comparing with your believes and with what is written in your most beloved Bible translation in your hand.
Dutch version / Nederlandse versie: De naam van Jehovah gebruikend maar geen getuigen met die naam
Find additional reading:
- Dealing with worries in our lives
- Getting out of the dark corners of this world
- The Immeasurable Grace bestowed on humanity
- Autumn traditions for 2014 – 4 Blasphemy and ridiculing faith in God
- The Third Word: Scripture twisting is blasphemy
- The wrong hero
- A God between many gods
- Some one or something to fear #2 Attitude and Reactions
- Some one or something to fear #3 Cases, folks and outing
- Some one or something to fear #4 Families and Competition
- Some one or something to fear #6 Faith in the Most High
- Some one or something to fear #7 Not afraid for Gods Name
- People Seeking for God 6 Strategy
- People Seeking for God 7 The Lord and lords
- Why is it that Christians don’t understand Muslims and Muslims do not understand Christians?
- Patriarch Abraham, Muslims, Christians and the son of God
- The Bible and names in it
- Words to push and pull
- Another way looking at a language #5 Aramic, Hebrew and Greek
- Titles of God beginning with the Aleph in Hebrew
- Hashem השם, Hebrew for “the Name”
- God about His name “יהוה“
- Praise the most High Jehovah God above all
- Praise and give thanks to God the Most Highest
- Archeological Findings the name of God YHWH
- Jehovah Yahweh Gods Name
- יהוה , YHWH and Love: Four-letter words
- Pluralis Majestatis in the Holy Scriptures
- For Jehovah is greatly to be praised
- Lord and owner
- Lord or Yahuwah, Yeshua or Yahushua
- Lord in place of the divine name
- Jehovah in the BASF
- Trusting, Faith, calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #1 Kings Faith
- Trusting, Faith, calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #2 Calling upon the Name of God
- Trusting, Faith, calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #3 Voice of God #2 Instructions and Laws
- Trusting, Faith, calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #3 Voice of God #6 Words to feed and communicate
- Trusting, Faith, Calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #5 Prayer #2 Witnessing
- Trusting, Faith, Calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #6 Prayer #4 Attitude
- Trusting, Faith, Calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #10 Prayer #8 Condition
- Trusting, Faith, Calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #13 Prayer #11 Name to be set apart
- Trusting, Faith, Calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #14 Prayer #12 The other name
- Trusting, Faith, Calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #15 Exposition before the Creator
- Listening and Praying to the Father
- Al-Fatiha [The Opening/De Opening] Süra 1:1-3 In the name of Allah the Merciful Lord Of The Creation
- Prophets making excuses
- Entrance of a king to question our position #1 Coming in the Name of the Lord
- Built on or Belonging to Jewish tradition #4 Mozaic and Noachide laws
- Our openness to being approachable
- Atonement And Fellowship 7/8
- We Are The Children Of God
- Power in the life of certain
- Looking on what is going on and not being of it
- A man from the North wanting to have control in Belgium
- Different approach in organisation of services #1
- Different approach in organisation of services #2
- Different approach in organisation of services #3
- Belgian Biblestudents – Belgische Bijbelstudenten
- Biblestudents 2010 – 2014 in review
- Who are the Christadelphians
- Those who call the Christadelphians a cult
- Respondblogs: Is the Jehovah’s Witness “Jesus” the Genuine Article? (respondblogs.wordpress.com)
If your only source for truth was the Bible, would you still believe and teach the doctrines you now hold?
- Santos Bonacci & Jordan Maxwell: Jehovah’s Witnesses Exposed (theeventchronicle.com)
Santos Bonacci and Jordan Maxwell go to town on the Jehovah’s Witness organization (not the people, but the organization) and their agenda to promote the new world order.
- Keith McIlwain: The Bounds of Christianity (juicyecumenism.com)
“A community with no boundaries can neither have a center nor be a community.” Thomas Oden“Boundaries aren’t all bad. That’s why there are walls around mental institutions.” Peggy NoonanOrthodoxy: of, pertaining to, or conforming to the approved form of any doctrine, philosophy, ideology, etc.; of, pertaining to, or conforming to beliefs, attitudes, or modes of conduct that are generally approved.
- Grace Community Church (San Antonio, Texas) January 11, 2015 – Tim Conway: Men’s Systematic Theology Study #7 (The Nature Of Biblical Truth) (psalm115three.com)
Christians should be overwhelmed by the magnitude of this simple truth that they take so much for granted – that the eternal God has deigned to share with us some of the truths that are on his mind. He condescends to elevate us poor undeserving sinners by actually sharing with us a portion of what he knows. – Robert L. Reymond (pg. 102 in A New Systematic Theology of the Christian Faith)
- The penalty for a book of Jehovah’s Witnesses in the Altai region | JWnews (jwitness.wordpress.com)
Offense considered that the stores was found the book “Knowledge That Leads to Everlasting Life” (New York: Watch tower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc International Bible Students Association Brooklyn, 1995), included in the Federal List of Extremist Materials ( p. 511). Visitors to the store, according to the prosecutor’s office had “free access and reading the contents of this publication.
- List of Religious Texts of the World (nesaranetwork.com)
Attitudes to sacred texts differ. Some religions make written texts widely and freely available, while others hold that sacred secrets must remain hidden from all but the loyal and the initiate. Most religions promulgate policies defining the limits of the sacred texts and controlling or forbidding changes and additions. Some religions view their sacred texts as the “Word of God”, often contending that the texts are inspired by God and as such not open to alteration. Translations of texts may receive official blessing, but an original sacred language often has de facto, absolute or exclusive paramountcy. Some religions make texts available free or in subsidized form; others require payment and the strict observance of copyright.
References to scriptures profit from standardisation: the Guru Granth Sahib (of Sikhism) always appears with standardised page numbering while many other religions (including the Abrahamic religions and their offshoots) favour chapter and verse pointers.
- Irenaeus – “Against Heresies” (jessicahof.wordpress.com)
Irenaeus is a well-known figure for several reasons:
- He is one of the best links between the Apostolic period and the sub-Apostolic period
- He is one of the earliest and most developed examples of Christian theology as expressed outside of Holy Scripture
- He was important as a source for determining the content of Gnostic belief and practice in certain circles before the relatively-recent discovery of Gnostic primary texts
- The Prophet of Islam can endure slander – but can he endure honest examination (renewamerica.com)
In the free world and in the Christian schools and seminaries of the United States are found works that examine every religion and religious leader known to man. It is because we can examine the lives and teachings by which we are guided that we can also avoid spurious, false and dangerous religions and false teachers.The list is enormous and it is not biased by anything except the desire to compare what emerges as true and what is simply falsehood and potentially dangerous. In schools where the Bible is the guide the scrutiny is even greater. In fact, even Christian leaders come under heavy scrutiny including the Pope. It is not for satire, but for far more serious purposes to wit:“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.” (2Tim 3: 16)
- What if all Muslims convert into Christianity? (ireport.cnn.com)
Which one of the following Christian Denomination should they choose and why?
- Uncle Tom and the Gift Of Tongues (josephelonlillie.com)
As a boy of thirteen I had an intense spiritual hunger. I suppose I had always leaned toward the spirit world. Growing up the first books I remember borrowing from the town library were stories of the Greek gods and the writings of Uri Geller and other famous psychics.
- Scientology, because even Jehovah Witnesses need something to laugh at after a hard day of knocking on doors. (funnytweeter.com)
Scientology, because even Jehovah Witnesses need something to laugh at after a hard day of knocking on doors.