We do have the assurance that following and honouring Jesus shall have the Father honouring us. We do want to listen to the Voice of God which did not come for Jesus’s sake but for ours. It is high time to come together and to meet in peace, loving each other as brothers and sisters. Now is the time for this world to be judged, now the ruler of this world will be expelled. As for Christ Jesus, when he was lifted up from the earth, he drew everyone to himself. It is not to a human organisation or Catholic Church we do have to be drawn. From the Torah we have learned that the Messiah remains forever and that he is the foundation of the Church. He is the cornerstone of our meeting, the ecclesia. It is by him and by his Father that we should be ‘lifted up’ see “the light” and find the way out of the dark. And on our way to the light we should help others to see the light. If necessary we do have to take their hand because they who walk in the dark do not know where they are going. While we have the light, we have to put our trust in the light, so that we may become people of light.
“24 Truly, truly, I say to you, Unless a corn of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it stays alone: but if it dies, it brings forth much fruit. 25 He that loves his life shall lose it; and he that hates his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. 26 If any man serves me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serves me, him will my Father honor. 27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I to this hour. 28 Father, glorify your name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again. 29 The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spoke to him. 30 Yahshua answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes. 31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. 32 And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. 33 This he said, signifying what death he should die. 34 The people answered him, We have heard out of the law that the Messiah stays forever: and how say you, The Son of man must be lifted up? who is this Son of man? 35 Then Yahshua said to them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while you have the light, lest darkness comes upon you: for he that walks in darkness knows not where he goes. 36 While you have light, believe in the light, that you may be the children of light. These things spoke Yahshua, and departed, and did hide himself from them.” (John 12:24-36 KJBPNV)
It are those who really do not believe in everything about Christ who make difficulties in meeting with others and in following the teachings of this Lord. It are those, who do not see the lines of teaching by Christ, who love to see division between the many groups and bring a split in the ranks of Christians.
“So there was a division among the people because of him.” (John 7:43 KJBPNV)
“Therefore said some of the Pharisees, This man is not of God, because he keeps not the sabbath day. Others said, How can a man that is a sinner do such miracles? And there was a division among them.” (John 9:16 KJBPNV)
“19 There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings. 20 And many of them said, He has a devil, and is mad; why hear you him? 21 Others said, These are not the words of him that has a devil. Can a devil open the eyes of the blind? 22 And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter.” (John 10:19-22 KJBPNV)
Continued on: Atonement And Fellowship 6/8
- He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.
- What Jesus did: First things first
- Christ’s ethical teaching
- Our relationship with God, Jesus and eachother
- The Spirit of God imparts love,inspires hope, and gives liberty
- The first on the list of the concerns of the saint
- Unarmed truth and unconditional love
- Unconditional love
- The Greatest of These is Love
- The task given to us to love each other
- Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love
- Agape, a love to share with others from the Fruit of the Spirit
- Gathering or meeting of believers
- United people under Christ
- Parts of the body of Christ
- What’s church for, anyway?
- Small churches of the few Christadelphians
- Joseph Aloisius Ratzinger steps down as Pope Benedict XVI
- Members of the ecclesia uniting and seeking God’s help in tribulation (Ecclesia Brussel-Leuven)
- Priority to form a loving brotherhood
- Christ the High Priest makes atonement for our sins (desperion.wordpress.com)
Once a year the high priest, leaving the people outside, entered that place where no one except the high priest might enter. In it was the mercy-seat, and above the mercy-seat the cherubim, as well as the ark of the covenant and the altar of incense.
God taught the people of the old covenant how to celebrate the ritual offered to him in atonement for the sins of men. But you have come to Christ, the true high priest. Through his blood he has made God turn to you in mercy and has reconciled you with the Father. You must not think simply of ordinary blood but you must learn to recognise instead the blood of the Word.
- Things to Ponder Language to Understand (wwpog.org)
Foreordained and preexistence are two different concepts. Notice Rom.8:29 To Whom He(The father) foreknew, He also predestined. So the father knew us before the world was! Just like Jesus our brother not our God.
- John 16:25-33: He has Overcome the World (disciplesforlife.wordpress.com)
If the sayings of Jesus are life and a door unto truth, then the Holy Spirit who guides us into “all truth” is the key to that door. In this way Jesus magnifies the ministry of the Spirit in our lives, and the privilege of living in the New Covenant era.
the teaching of Christ necessarily separated darkness from light. Though He did not come to judge the world (yet) in an ultimate sense, there is a sense in which His words heaped judgment on the consciences of men for their evil deeds were exposed by His teaching.
- The Atonement – Part 2 (opentheism.wordpress.com)
The New Testament uses different terms to describe different aspects of the atonement. Grudem identifies these four:
1. Sacrifice. “He has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself” (Hebrews 9:26).
2. Propitiation. “In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins” (1 John 4:10). As I noted in my last post, propitiation is the removing of wrath by the offering of a gift.
3. Reconciliation. “God…through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconcilation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself” (2 Corinthians 5:18-19).
4. Redemption. “for even the Son of man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many” (Mark 10:45; Jesus was speaking). A ransom is the price paid to redeem someone from bondage.
- “Jesus, Savior, Pilot Me” (clcswmetro.wordpress.com)
If we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
- So,What’s the Story? “Let’s Talk about Sacrifice” (lidgerwoodpresbychurch.wordpress.com)
In this story, the sacrifice required is the very means by which God has promised to bless the whole world! Abraham’s only legitimate offspring – through whom it appears God will build a nation with as many people as there are stars in the sky, and through whom, eventually, there will be a particular offspring whose sacrifice will be an atonement for the whole world – must die!
• But God provides a scapegoat – a substitute ram – for the atoning sacrifice.
- His Judgement Should Be Judgement Enough (sistermyersparraz.wordpress.com)
When Jesus Christ performed his atonement and suffered and died for our sins, he did it so that when we stand before the judgement bar he can stand beside us and say, “I have paid the debt for that.” We can be forgiven through the atonement of Christ. No matter where you have been in your life, you can come back. You can turn to God and be forgiven. If you think that you can never be worthy for the blessings of this church, then you need to gain a testimony of the atonement. You need to take a step passed believing that Jesus Christ is the son of God, and also remember that he paid for your sins, and that he promised to forgive and forget. Behold, he who has repented of his sins, the same is forgiven, and I, the Lord, remember them no more (D&C 58:42).
- Review of “The Cross of Christ” (pastorzach87.wordpress.com)
Many people have a problem with forgiveness. They wonder why God cannot just simply forgive sin. Stott reminds the reader that if God were to merely forgive sin without satisfaction for sin he would not be a good and just God. One reason why people do not understand the cross is because they do not understand the gravity of sin, nor the holiness of God. Humans are morally responsible for the sin they commit. The just punishment for sin is for the wrath of God to be poured out on the sinner. Yet, God in his love for mankind has chosen to make a way of salvation and forgiveness. In order for God to forgive there had to be someone to be a substitute in the place of sinners. Jesus Christ is the perfect substitute for sinners, because he fulfilled the law without sin. On the cross, God the Father poured out his wrath on Christ, thereby propitiating it from sinners.
- Zone Conference Doctrine and Photos – March 2014 (scottsdalemission.wordpress.com)
The effects of Christ’s atonement are eternal, the time for repentance is not. And since the resurrection is eternal, the effects of the atonement are infinite in time. Hebrews 10:12, “offered one sacrifice for sins for ever.”