October 3, 2010 at 4:56 PM, we wrote this article about the rapture or the soul leaving the body on Bijbelvorsers Webs, the website of the Association for Bible study. Because the ending of the association we reprint the article here so that it might not be lost.
On the pages of the Belgian Christadelphians, there are some articles that many Bibleresearchers or Biblestudents can take under consideration to study.
There is a series published over the so-called Rapture or Taking away or to be caught up. The term Rapture has become used mainly by the Pentecostals but the last years begins to become more in vogue with other churches as well.
What does such a rapture restrain or what is meant by being taking up or caught up and when is this going to happen?
Many Christians are convinced that their soul after their death will step out of their body and move to some other place, namely either to the purgatory, or straight to the heaven, or in the worst case to hell, where according to them an eternal torture shall take place.
Firstly one must work out of what the body consists. Is there a separate unity of a soul? The soul is namely the life itself. The conscious being, the breathing. It is not some spiritual being or other that in our body remains and after the dying off that body leaves it.
Read more about the https://sites.google.com/site/belgianchristadelphians/soul > Soul and find out if there is Life after death.
About Hell and its fire: https://sites.google.com/site/belgianchristadelphians/hellfire > Hellfire.
And compare to the Bible texts mentioned in the articles on the Rapture.
Find an article in Dutch : Nederlandstalig artikel rond dit onderwerp: Vindt er een transfer plaats na de dood?
- The dark side of our earthly existence
- Sheol, Sheool, Sjeool, Hades, Hell, Grave, Tomb, Sepulchre
- Jewish and Christian traditions of elders
- Charles Taze Russell and what he started
- Join the debate about the position of fallen angels
- Rapture articles
- Rapture what does it mean?
- The Rapture or admittance with Christ
- Gather together with Jesus Christ
- Raptured in clouds
- Sheol or the grave
- Satan or the devil
- Rapture: unspoken words and the end of the church age
- The Rapture
- Rapture of Church
- The Rapture Church
- The Rapture Is Only For Christians!
- The Homeschool Rapture
- The Rapture vs. the Second Coming
- 16 Sobering Things Every Atheist Should Know
- Tell everyone that I am coming soon!
- The Power of the Unseen
- The Invisible Worlds
- A Last Days Church
- Jesus is Coming Again
- Transcending Mysticism
- Key to Winning Your Battles
- 2016: Countdown to Armageddon?
- 2017: The day of our God’s vengeance
- Verse Of The Day
- Date Of Christ’s Return Surprising
- Eagerly Waiting for His Coming — from Hebrews 9:28
- An Election of Extremes
- Reality Check!
- Left Behind author Tim LaHaye, passes away
- Co-Author of the ‘Left Behind’ Series, Tim LaHaye, Dies at age 90
- Christ our Blessed Hope: Looking for His Appearing
- The Coming Alien Airlift
- The Church is Not Raptured
- Sparse Summer Worship Attendance Scares Left Behind Readers
- Divine Counterpart Couples
- The Rapture Will occur. God said so.
- Abundance and Scarcity Energies
- Verses of the Day
- An Introduction To Laodicea
- Caught Up, Yet Not Taken
- Daily Bread – Take Heed Unto Ourselves
- Part 10: The Male Child Caught Up to God and to His Throne
- Catholic Is The New Protestant
- 2 Timothy 4:1-8: A Study of Our Lord’s Appearing; Will We Love His Appearing?
- Rapture! Religious Fear Or Reality?
- How Methodists Prepare for the Rapture
- Oh Yes; He’s Coming