For centuries people have laughed with those who believed in the Bible. Many say that the bible would be filled with stories which have been written after the things happened and as such would be full of false prophecies. The satan, or adversary of God, shall be quick to tell all the books of the Bible are fancy stories and that all those so-called prophecies are not true. We can only say that those sceptics and non-believers have never done the effort to really examine all the facts. Of those that went examining all of the facts written down in Scriptures, we are glad to see they became believers and continued their life walking as a Christian.
When looking at what is written in the Bible and comparing it with secular history we can see that it all matches with what the Bible predicts, but we also can see that a few prophecies did not yet come to happen. And when considering the previous prophecies became fulfilled, why would those few which are not yet fulfilled, not become a reality?
Sceptics point out Ezekiel 28:24-26 as a failed Bible prophecy since it predicts Israel will live in peace, without worrying about enemy nations surrounding it. They should understand that all the prophecies had to be fulfilled at a certain time, but that the prophecy of Nebuchadnezzar’s dream has not yet come to fulfilment. We also find a beast in revelation with the notable symbol of 10 horns and Babylon the Mother of Harlots, all things still to come. Perhaps it will be not for so long to wait when this prophecy which is for the future Millenial period shall come over mankind, when Christ will reign with his saints from Jerusalem after he destroys the armies of the nations who unite against Israel on the day of Armageddon (Megiddo) at the end of the coming future tribulation period.
Answers Concerning Prophecies and things future #44
The word Armageddon really means “City of Megiddo”, which all evidence, especially Scripture, locates in the district Esdraelon (Joshua xvii. 11; 2Chron. xxxv. 22; 1 Kings iv. 12; Zech. xii. 11; Judgesv. 19).
Megiddo, in Esdraelon, answers to all those texts. Dr. Thomas agrees; he says:
“The Armageddon of the Apocalypse is the plain of Esdraelon, or Jezreel, also called the Great Plain. It extends from Mount Carmel and the Mediterranean to the place where the Jordan issues from the Sea of Tiberius, through the centre of Palestine. . . . This plain is enclosed on all sides by mountains”.
In that view, Dr. Thomas is supported by Sir C.Wilson, D. A. Barnes, Dr. Howson, Dean Stanley, Dr. Ellicott, Dr. Hastings, Dr. Kitto, D. C. Geikie, Dr. Cheyne, Major Conder, and Gen. Kitchener. The latter expresses the opinion that at Armageddon (Megiddo) will be fought the world’s great last battle (Rev. xvi. 16).
F. G. J.
Read “Armageddon”, by C. C. Walker.
“ And Manasseh had in Issachar and in Asher, Beth-shean, and her towns, and Ibleam, and her towns, and the inhabitants of Dor with ye towns thereof, and the inhabitants of En-dor with the towns thereof, and the inhabitants of Taanach with her towns, and the inhabitants of Megiddo with the towns of the same, even three countries.” (Jos 17:11 GenevaBible)
“ But Josiah would not turn his face from him, but changed his apparel to fight with him, and hearkened not unto the words of Necho, which were of the mouth of God, but came to fight in the valley of Megiddo.” (2Ch 35:22 GenevaBible)
“ Baana the son of Ahilud in Taanach, and Megiddo, and in all Beth-shean, which is by Zartanah beneath Jezreel, from Beth-shean to Abelmeholah, even till beyond over against Jokmeam:” (1Ki 4:12 GenevaBible)
“ In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.” (Zec 12:11 GenevaBible)
“Then sang Deborah, and Barak the son of Abinoam the same day, saying,” (Jud 5:1 GenevaBible)
“ And they gathered them together into a place called in Hebrew Armageddon.” (Re 16:16 GenevaBible)
- Matthew 24:9-14 – The Nazarene’s Commentary: The Answer: Part Two – The Acts of the Apostles Foretold
- Matthew 24:15-28 – The Nazarene’s Commentary: The Answer: Sign 1: Encamped Armies. The Sign Great Oppression Is Near
- Great tribulation and Armageddon
- Armageddon, har and megiddo, an action or a place
- Sukkoth, Gog, Magog, Armageddon, a covenant and Jerusalem
- Building Babylon the Great
- Time to sit still or to pass on
- Making sure to be ready and to belong to the escaped ones
- Reflections on the Great War #1 100 years on
- You Matter
- Was Russell and Rutherford “Illuminati”?
- How to Find the Meaning of Life and Reach a State of Peace
- Date Setting
- How do we know the coming of Jesus is very near?
- God’s wrath and sanctification
- Wrong choices made to get rid of Assad
- Reason to preach #4 Informed followers of Christ
- Presentation: Crisis in the Middle East – Bible Expectations
- End Times
- The Conclusion of the System of Things
- Newsweek asks: How ignorant are you?
- Syria peace talks in doubt over ‘credible partners’
- Sites to visit out of Jerusalem
- Megiddo “The battleground” been reburied 26 times.
Megiddo one of the most famous cities in antiquity and one of the most important sites in Israel. It was situated on the Carmel ridge, sixteen miles northwest of Haifa
- Israel March 2020 Megiddo
- Megiddo – We need some peace, Please
- The Battle of Megiddo
- Revelation series, post #11
- Many battles at Megiddo
- God Of Righteous Judgment – Bowls Of Wrath
- Bible prophecies haven’t failed, despite skeptics’ claims
- Ezekiel blog: My version of the end of the world, part I
- Ezekiel blog: My version of the end of the world Part II
- Who are the real Gog and Magog in prophecy?
- Understanding the Battle of Gog and Magog
- Last of the great empires: Daniel 7: the terrible beast with iron teeth
- David Jeremiah’s Perspective on Prophecies in Revelation